To play with my PDP11, I developed some tools to communicate with the PDP. They allow to communicate via serial line and to upload code to the PDP.
- lst2deposit - creates a SIMH deposit file from a MACRO11 LST file
- pdpcom - allows to upload deposit file content to a serial attached PDP11
- arthur-gill-examples - some nice examples
- examples - some simple examples
Screencast demo session
Small video clip where I list some memory content, load an object file, show that is has been loaded to memory and execute it (this simple object file waits for a single char and prints it to console):
Code on github
- Machine and Assembly Language Programming of the PDP-11, Arthur Gill, Prentice-Hall, 1978. This book was written by Arthur who gave lessons on University of Berkeley. A very nice book for studying PDP-11 assembler. Used prints can still be found.